Hands in Sourdough Learn how to make real sourdough bread with me, Sharon Roberts, sourdough expert, author and chef.
You’ll practice exciting techniques and discover why the newest, hippest way to make your own sourdough at home, turns out to be the oldest one known to man.
Unearth every step of the sourdough bread making process in this practical 3.5 hour session.
You will use my powerful, high performance starter to make a country sourdough loaf and sourdough rolls. However, if you’re a graduate of ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’, you’re welcome to bring your own starter.
We’ll use organic flour from Stoates which is our local mill in beautiful Cann which is Near Shaftesbury in Dorset.
You’ll also discover the science of making authentic sourdough bread and I’ll dispel the myths and mystery along the way.
I’ll share techniques with you and my expertise will be available throughout this intimate event.
Bread will be baked in my amazing portable oven. You will also take home dough to finish proving and bake at home.
Spend a few pleasurable hours with your hands in flour and dough learning how to make real sourdough bread.
Who is this event suitable for? You’ll get the most out of this event if you’ve attended the Learn Sourdough, ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’. You will go from beginner without any experience to expert in 3.5 hours, or your money back.
Please consider booking ‘Let’s Start!’ and become a Master of sourdough starters.
Please note: Sourdough Starters are not covered in ‘Hands in Sourdough’
SPECIAL OFFER: Book ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’ and ‘Hands in Sourdough’ as an early bird special for £90. A saving of £15. Contact Sharon to book these 2 events at email@example.com.
What to bring & wear:-
Please wear comfortable footwear. If you have shoulder-length hair or longer, please tie it back. Hair grips or a hair band would be useful to keep hair off your face. Sleeves should be rolled up to prevent them getting sticky with dough. Bring your favourite apron too.
Rings on or off? Leave them on.
Bring your favourite mixing bowl too and a plastic carrier bag to cover it. You’ll be taking home a batch of dough to ferment at home.
This class has a maximum of 8 students and runs for 3.5 hours.
You also take home Fabulous Bonus Gifts and generous Discount Vouchers to spend in my favourite shops in Wimborne:-
- As a special thank you for booking this event, you take home a gorgeous bar of soap, made especially for the sourdough baker and home cook. Uniquely, the soap includes light rye from Dorset miller, Stoates. It’s perfume free too. Made in Dorset exclusively for Learn Sourdough by Jemma Ricketts, Medical Herbalist and proprietor of the outstanding, ‘Enchanted Plants’. Leaders in organic skincare https://www.enchantedplants.co.uk
- 10% discount on selected items at ‘Salamander Cookshop’.
- 10% discount voucher to spend at ‘Gullivers Bookshop’ in Wimborne (Independent Bookshop of the Year 2019) https://www.gulliversbookshop.co.uk/
- on line discount voucher to spend at Bakery Bits and a smart dough scraper https://www.bakerybits.co.uk/
- 10% discount code and exciting recipe cards from the winners of BBC Food & Farming Awards https://hodmedods.co.uk/
Sharon recommends Stoates flour. It’s organic, local and makes fabulous sourdough bread. Learn Sourdough stock Stoates flour. It will be available to purchase at the end of this event. You’ll be glad you bought a bag because you’ll want to get started at home, straight away.
Parking is free! and outside the venue
Warning: This event is relaxed, fun, friendly, informative
E-Gift Vouchers are available. Ask Sharon.
The total value of this event is £695. You pay £70 with the early bird special
You get my expertise for 3.5 hours valued at: £525
Discount vouchers & gift valued at: £100
Money Back Guarantee valued at: £ 70
Please phone or email me if you have any questions or if you’re not sure this event is for you. I’m here to help.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - 18/01/2020 | 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
73 Poole Road
See more information about Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 21-8-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 21/08/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 24-10-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 24/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 1-12-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 01/12/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm