‘Let’s Start!’ Mastering Sourdough Starters’
Go from beginner to expert without any experience in 3.5 hours or your money back
I want to get you started on your sourdough journey. I teach people of all abilities how to master sourdough starters. In plain English.
You see, you need a high performance sourdough starter to raise and make delicious sourdough bread. A sourdough starter is created only once. Getting it right first time, will enable you to get started with baking your very own successful sourdough bread.
Few home bakers ever master sourdough starters. It’s a science. It’s microbiology.
In my sourdough journey, I thought it would be easy to create a sourdough starter. How could I have been so wrong?
Every day I followed recipes on You Tube, Google and in books. I discovered there was so much conflicting noise. Which chef? Which recipe? Which website?
A sourdough starter is made from just flour and water. When successfully created, it’s a natural raising agent to raise dough. A sourdough starter is more powerful than dried yeast.
My sourdough starters were a disaster! They looked like sludge and smelled of acetone. Because of this, my sourdough breads were like frisbees (a technical term). You see, you need a powerful, high-performance sourdough starter to make authentic and delicious sourdough bread.
I had started on my sourdough journey and unintentionally opened a can of worms.
I was not alone. I was like the thousands of other home cooks, sourdough enthusiasts and bakers looking for satisfactory, science-based answers. Such as:-
- Why won’t my sourdough starter raise dough?
- How and why is a sourdough starter different from dried yeast?
- Is my starter dead?
You see, sourdough is shrouded in myth and mystery. I could find no science-based answers in books or on the web.
One day I started researching scientific papers. This research went on for 2 years!!
My learning curve was a steep one.
I had many “Aha!” moments. Some revelations were obvious. Many were not.
I discovered that each step of the sourdough making process, is a stepping stone for the success of the next. If one step fails, the whole process collapses like a line of dominoes.
The first step to making successful sourdough bread starts with creating a powerful, high performance sourdough starter.
Each painstaking adjustment that I made, resulted in a significant result. Until finally, I was able to put the whole process together. Every single time.
Because of that, I started making wonderful sourdough bread. I had also created several high-performance sourdough starters. You need one of these to make a successful loaf of sourdough.
Finally, I mastered how to maintain, store and successfully troubleshoot a sourdough starter. This took me 2 years!
At last, I understood sourdough. I had so much powerful information. I wanted to share it and my expertise with home bakers and professional bakers.
I talk to many sourdough enthusiasts just like you. I’ve discovered that 99.9% of enthusiasts never master a sourdough starter. Ultimately, this means their sourdough breads are unsatisfactory.
You don’t have to go through the same exacting journey as I did. I’ve packed my research into this all-powerful event where you will go from beginner without any knowledge, to expert in just 3.5 hours.
You have access to my expertise throughout the event.
This compelling workshop is in plain English. I explain step-by-step the entire process of how to create a powerful, high performance sourdough starter from start to infinity.
You’ll create a sourdough starter during this extraordinary workshop and discover the science in plain English. All previous hitches and frustrations you may have encountered, will be resolved.
Everything you learn is based on science, in plain English and you’ll find it all in 1 place during this event.
This event is for all abilities as well as absolute beginners
You will learn how to make a powerful, high performance starter, just like this …
You will master…
- How to create a powerful, high performance starter from scratch, step by step, using proven scientific methods so that you succeed first time. You create a starter only once. A starter is essential to make authentic sourdough bread
- How to troubleshoot a new or established starter confidently so that you don’t bin it unnecessarily
- How to maintain a starter to pass on to the next generation (some starters are over 100 years old!) so that your children and grandchildren continue to bake sourdough bread, that’s delicious and nutritious
- How to store a high-performance starter (there are several and you’ll learn all the techniques) so that the starter fits in with your life and not the other way round
And become skilled at…
- How to spot dubious sourdough recipes so that you don’t waste your time
- How to create your own fabulous sourdough recipes with ease, so that you can bake to suit your taste and your family’s
- How to maintain and store small quantities of high-performance starter so your fridge isn’t overrun
And get clued up about…
- How much starter to use in your sourdough loaf and why, so that you don’t end up with a claggy frisbee
- How to successfully refresh a neglected starter even if its been in your fridge, untouched for 1 year, so that you know you’ve mastered sourdough starters
- How to avoid 5 common mistakes when refreshing a starter so that it is powerful and will raise dough, every single time
- How to maintain and store small quantities of starter
- How to create your own sourdough recipes
You will also discover (in plain English):-
- The 5 most common mistakes sourdough enthusiast make with a starter and how you can avoid the same mistakes
- What a high performance wheat and rye starter look like when they are ready to use
- What a rye starter sounds like when its ready to use (yes really!)
- An insight into the microscopic world of your starter
- All about refreshment of a sourdough starter
You’ll take away with you:-
- Powerful knowledge based on scientific fact
- Extensive course notes in a very smart folder
- And I will personally present you with the ‘Learn Sourdough Master of Sourdough Starters Certificate’
- Some of my powerful, high performance starter (established in 2016)
And a thank you gift for booking this event A gorgeous bar of soap, made especially for the sourdough baker and home cook. Uniquely, the soap includes light rye from Dorset miller, Stoates. It’s perfume free too. Made in Dorset exclusively for Learn Sourdough by Jemma Ricketts, Medical Herbalist and proprietor of the outstanding, ‘Enchanted Plants’. Leaders in organic skincare https://www.enchantedplants.co.uk
Also Discount Vouchers to spend in my favourite shops in Wimborne and on line:-
- ‘Sourdough Starter Kit’ available to buy from Learn Sourdough. Supplied by Salamander Cookshop.
- 10% discount voucher on selected items at Salamander Cookshop https://www.salamandercookshop.com/
- 10% discount voucher to spend at ‘Gullivers Bookshop’ in Wimborne (Independent Bookshop of the Year 2019) https://www.gulliversbookshop.co.uk/
- On line discount voucher to spend at Bakery Bits https://www.bakerybits.co.uk/
- 10% discount code and exciting recipe cards from the winners of BBC Food & Farming Awards https://hodmedods.co.uk/
This event is suitable for all abilities.
At the end of the event, you’ll be fired up and confident to continue your sourdough journey.
The total value of this event is £660. You pay £35 with the early bird special
You get my expertise for 3.5 hours valued at: £525
Discount vouchers & gifts valued at: £100
Money Back Guarantee valued at: £ 35
Buy with Confidence. You’re covered on all events with the
‘Learn Sourdough 100% Money Back Guarantee. No quibbles. No questions. No catches.’ https://www.learnsourdough.co.uk/money-back-guarantee/
Parking? Yes outside the venue and its free!
Refreshments will be available throughout the event. There will also be a 30 minute interval during which you’ll sample my fabulous, authentic homemade sourdough bread accompanied by a choice of delicious, probiotic dips and toppings.
Masters of Sourdough Starters
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07942 686782
Travelling from afar?
Ask me to recommend B&B’s, with parking, within walking distance of the venue and Wimborne town.
Early Bird Special £35
Early Bird Special expires 48 hours before the event. The price will then revert back to the normal price of £40.
When you book, you’ll receive a personal confirmation email from me.
I look forward to getting you started on your sourdough journey.
My very best wishes, Sharon
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - 02/02/2020 | 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
73 Poole Road
See more information about Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
Skittle Alley at The Coach & Horses
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 21-8-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 21/08/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 24-10-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 24/10/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 1-12-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 01/12/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm