‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’
Go from beginner to expert without any experience in 3.5 hours or your money back
Hello & Welcome to Learn Sourdough,
I’m Sharon Roberts, sourdough expert and author of, ‘Sourdough. Dispelling the Myths and Mystery in plain English’, a series of best selling e-books on sourdough. I’m a chef and founder of Learn Sourdough.
On this exceptional event, you will go from beginner without any experience to expert in 3.5 hours, or your money back. No quibbles. No questions. No catches.
Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters is live, interactive and in real time on Zoom. It’s hosted by me from my home to yours.
You will learn the entire process of how to create a powerful, high performance starter from start to infinity, step by step.
You need a powerful, high performance starter to make successful sourdough bread.
‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’ has been created for you to succeed.
You’ll create a sourdough starter during this Zoom workshop and discover the science in plain English. All previous hitches and frustrations you may have encountered, will be resolved.
This event is unprecedented. There is nothing else like it. It’s packed with everything you’ll ever need to know about sourdough starters.
Who is this event suitable for? You!
If you are
- an absolute beginner without any experience or want to improve or,
- an experienced home baker or professional cook or chef
- producing frisbees (a technical term!) & have failed in your previous sourdough attempts
- just want to get cracking & enjoy immediate success
About this live Zoom event:-
I want to get you started on your sourdough journey. I teach people of all abilities how to master sourdough starters. In plain English.
You see, you need a high performance sourdough starter to raise and make delicious sourdough bread. A sourdough starter is created only once. Getting it right first time, will enable you to get started with baking your very own successful sourdough bread.
Few home bakers ever master sourdough starters. It’s a science. It’s microbiology.
In my sourdough journey, I thought it would be easy to create a sourdough starter. How could I have been so wrong?
Every day I followed recipes on You Tube, Google and in books. I discovered there was so much conflicting noise. Which chef? Which recipe? Which website?
A sourdough starter is made from just flour and water. When successfully created, it’s a natural raising agent to raise dough. A sourdough starter is more powerful than dried yeast.
My sourdough starters were a disaster! They looked like sludge and smelled of acetone. Because of this, my sourdough breads were like frisbees (a technical term). You see, you need a powerful, high-performance sourdough starter to make authentic and delicious sourdough bread.
I had started on my sourdough journey and unintentionally opened a can of worms.
I was not alone. I was like the thousands of other home cooks, sourdough enthusiasts and bakers looking for satisfactory, science-based answers. Such as:-
- Why won’t my sourdough starter raise dough?
- How and why is a sourdough starter different from dried yeast?
- Is my starter dead?
You see, sourdough is shrouded in myth and mystery. I could find no science-based answers in books or on the web.
One day I started researching scientific papers. This research went on for 2 years!!
My learning curve was a steep one.
I had many “Aha!” moments. Some revelations were obvious. Many were not.
I discovered that each step of the sourdough making process, is a stepping stone for the success of the next. If one step fails, the whole process collapses like a line of dominoes.
The first step to making successful sourdough bread starts with creating a powerful, high performance sourdough starter.
Each painstaking adjustment that I made, resulted in a significant result. Until finally, I was able to put the whole process together. Every single time.
Because of that, I started making wonderful sourdough bread. I had also created several high-performance sourdough starters. You need one of these to make a successful loaf of sourdough.
Finally, I mastered how to maintain, store and successfully troubleshoot a sourdough starter. This took me 2 years!
At last, I understood sourdough. I had so much powerful information. I wanted to share it and my expertise with home bakers and professional bakers.
I talk to many sourdough enthusiasts just like you. I’ve discovered that 99.9% of enthusiasts never master a sourdough starter. Ultimately, this means their sourdough breads are unsatisfactory.
You don’t have to go through the same exacting journey as I did. I’ve packed my research into this all-powerful event where you will go from beginner without any knowledge, to expert in just 3.5 hours.
You have access to my expertise throughout the event.
This compelling workshop is in plain English. I explain step-by-step the entire process of how to create a powerful, high performance sourdough starter from start to infinity.
You’ll create a sourdough starter during this extraordinary workshop and discover the science in plain English. All previous hitches and frustrations you may have encountered, will be resolved.
Everything you learn is based on science, in plain English and you’ll find it all in 1 place during this event.
This event is for all abilities as well as absolute beginners
You will learn how to make a powerful, high performance starter, just like this …
You will master…
- How to create a powerful, high performance starter from scratch, step by step, using proven scientific methods so that you succeed first time. You create a starter only once. A starter is essential to make authentic sourdough bread
- How to troubleshoot a new or established starter confidently so that you don’t bin it unnecessarily
- How to maintain a starter to pass on to the next generation (some starters are over 100 years old!) so that your children and grandchildren continue to bake sourdough bread, that’s delicious and nutritious
- How to store a high-performance starter (there are several ways and you’ll learn all the techniques) so that the starter fits in with your life and not the other way round
And become skilled at…
- How to spot dubious sourdough recipes so that you don’t waste your time
- How to create your own fabulous sourdough recipes with ease, so that you can bake to suit your taste and your family’s
- How to maintain and store small quantities of high-performance starter so your fridge isn’t overrun
And get clued up about…
- How much starter to use in your sourdough loaf and why, so that you don’t end up with a claggy frisbee
- How to successfully refresh a neglected starter even if its been in your fridge, untouched for 1 year, so that you know you’ve mastered sourdough starters
- How to avoid 5 common mistakes when refreshing a starter so that it is powerful and will raise dough, every single time
- How to maintain and store small quantities of starter
- How to create your own sourdough recipes
You will also discover (in plain English):-
- The 5 most common mistakes sourdough enthusiast make with a starter and how you can avoid the same mistakes
- What a high performance wheat and rye starter look like when they are ready to use
- What a rye starter sounds like when its ready to use (yes really!)
- An insight into the microscopic world of your starter
- All about refreshment of a sourdough starter
You’ll take away with you:-
- Powerful, practical knowledge based on scientific fact
- Extensive course notes emailed to you prior to the event
- And on completion of the event, I will present you with the ‘Learn Sourdough Master of Sourdough Starters Diploma’
- You will receive a jar of my powerful, high performance starter (established in 2016). I will post it to you before the event.
A close up and personal experience on Zoom
I use 2 cameras during all Zoom events. This means, you get the benefit of seeing close ups of my working hands as well as an overall view. You’ll see this on your screen at the same time. This creates a highly personalised experience.
I use professional lighting too. This means events on Zoom are bright, colourful and well lit.
1-to-1 Support & Care Before & After
I will email you 4 days before ‘Let’s Start!’ to find out if you have everything for the event and to answer your questions.
You have my expertise after the event too.
Comforting to Know I do what my customers need and what my customers want. I then go further.
You will need
- Food probe like THIS
- 4 small jars with lids/clingfilm OR 4 small ramekin dishes with clingfilm OR similar
- Set of digital scales (optional but highly recommended)
- Small bag of strong, white flour, or rye flour, or wholemeal flour. It’s your choice whether you choose organic or non-organic.
You will also receive some of my powerful, high performance rye starter (established in 2016). The starter comes in a smart little bag, branded with the Learn Sourdough logo. It will fit through your letter box.
At the end of the event, I will present you with the Learn Sourdough Master of Sourdough Starters Diploma. You will be a ‘Master of Sourdough Starters’.
You’ll also receive Discount Codes to spend in my favourite shops on line and in Wimborne:-
- In store 10% off selected items at Salamander Cookshop
- In store 10% off at Gullivers Bookshop in Wimborne (Independent Bookshop of the Year 2019)
- On line 10% discount code to spend at Bakery Bits
- On line 10% discount code from Hodmedods winners of BBC Food & Farming Awards
- On line 10% discount code to spend at The Natural Gardener
At the end of the event, you’ll be fired up and confident to continue your sourdough journey.
INCLUDED IN ‘LET’S START! MASTERING SOURDOUGH STARTERS’
1. The Learn Sourdough 100% Money Back Guarantee. No quibbles. No questions. No catches. Value £75
2. My expertise for 3.5 hours. Value £700
3. My support before and after the event. Value £100.
4. Optional 10 minute practice on Zoom. Useful for building your confidence if you’ve never used Zoom. I’ll ask you if you want this option. If you do, I’ll email you a choice of dates and times. Value: £25
5. The Learn Sourdough 65 page e-book, a valuable resource packed with videos, colour pictures and know how not found anywhere else, accompanies this outstanding event. Value £35.
6. £100 worth of practical and exciting discount vouchers to spend in my favourite shops and on-line
7. A powerful, high performance sourdough starter which you’ll start during the Zoom event
8. You’ll also receive by post some of my powerful, high performance rye starter established in 2016 (postage is free!) The starter comes in a smart little bag, branded with the Learn Sourdough logo. It will fit through your letter box.
9. The ‘Learn Sourdough Master of Sourdough Starters Diploma’. I’ll present it to you at the end of the event. You’ll receive it by email. Print it. Frame it. Display it.
10. The total value of this event is £1,080 You pay £75!
Buy with Confidence. You’re covered on all events with the:-
Make your sourdough journey complete with ‘Hands in Sourdough’ a practical session with in depth talks
‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’ and ‘Hands in Sourdough’ can be bought as a, ‘Special Offer Bundle of 2 Extraordinary Events’. These 2 events are hosted on separate dates on Zoom.
‘Hands in Sourdough’, is a practical, full day bread making session on Zoom. You’ll be using your powerful, high performance starter during this event to make your first successful loaf of sourdough bread.
I dedicate time for you to experience my expertise on the fascinating history of bread leavening, the effects of fermented foods such a sourdough on our gut microbiome and our health, chemical leavening in industrialised (supermarket) breads. What it is, how it effects your health and why making your own sourdough bread is the only choice. You’ll also discover which country grades industrialised (supermarket) bread as junk food! Read more about this extraordinary Master of Sourdough Special Offer Bundle
You will only ever need these 2 events to master sourdough. I’ve designed these events for you to succeed.
You can book ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters on Zoom’ as a single event by scrolling down this page to ‘Bookings’. But why would you, when you can book the extraordinary Master of Sourdough Special Offer Bundle
Masters of Sourdough Starters
Have questions? Not sure?
I’m here to help. Email me at email@example.com or phone me, Sharon Roberts on 07942 686782
Do you know someone who will enjoy and benefit from Learn Sourdough?
I’m helping people who want to be part of a community, to come together and learn the most basic of skills. How to make bread. I’m also sharing valuable knowledge about gut health and how we can improve our immune system – immediately. There has never been a more important time to learn how. Share Learn Sourdough.
How to Book
Scroll down to ‘Bookings’.
What to expect once you’ve booked
You’ll receive an automated confirmation email and then a personal email from me.
Please remember to check your spam folder.
I look forward to getting you started on your sourdough journey.
My very best wishes, Sharon
MORE DATES FOR 2021 COMING SOON
‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’ is highly acclaimed by fans of Learn Sourdough.
Read what they’re saying about this highly acclaimed event, on Zoom and live face to face events:-
I attended Sharon’s first ever ‘Lockdown’ ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’, on ZOOM.
My 14-year-old daughter is very keen for me to bake sourdough bread for her – so keen that she spent her own money on buying Sharon’s course as a Mother’s Day gift for me…and then we went into C19 lockdown. But lockdown didn’t deter Sharon in the least and she swiftly adapted her face-to-face sourdough course to an online version and popped her sourdough starter in the post to me. All I needed were a few basic bits of kitchen kit such as a thermometer and digital scales at my end and we were off; I had a most entertaining and informative morning with Sharon and would absolutely recommend her course. My daughter’s hard-earned pocket money was well spent. Emma Cullen, Dorset, April 2020
I’ve just done Sharon’s “Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters” session & can highly recommend it if, like me, you’ve had umpteen unsuccessful attempts at raising your own consistent & well-behaved “fridge pet” of the sourdough variety. She demystifies the whole process & explains the science behind it. You get to start your very own starter, and learn how to raise it, care for it, store it and revive it to peak activity when you need it. There are copious notes to take home, though it’s worth also making your own as ideas & questions pop up. (Plus some very worthwhile vouchers for local & online shops and a dough scraper too.) All in all, a very interesting & worthwhile session. Angela Corbet, Wimborne, Dorset
Great session, loads of very good and useful information given in a very clear fun way . Easily understandable. Lovely free samples too. Well worth the money. Mandy da Silva, Wimborne, Dorset
Date(s) - 05/07/2021 | 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/06/2021 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters on Zoom - 05/07/2021 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/07/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/08/2021 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/09/2021 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/10/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 24/11/2021 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Master of Sourdough Special Offer Bundle - 03/12/2021 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- What's with Wheat? Free on Zoom - 05/12/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Master of Sourdough Special Offer Bundle - 11/12/2021 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm