Learn Sourdough is hosting this very special annual event in collaboration with ‘Salamander Cookshop’ in Wimborne.
Join me Sharon Roberts, founder of Learn Sourdough and Ione and David Crossley, proprietors of Salamander around Salamander’s fabulous, wooden kitchen table. Celebrate Real Bread Week with us!
Salamander will be open exclusively for ticket holders.
Sourdough Extravaganza 2 jam-packed, extraordinary events, back-to-back.
Hosted every month in Wimborne by me, Sharon Roberts, sourdough expert, author & chef.
‘Unlocking the Secrets of Sourdough’ The first half is a talk with tasting. You will taste my stunning, homemade sourdough bread and compare it with supermarket sourdough. You’ll discover what real sourdough bread is and how supermarkets are getting away with charging a premium for questionable sourdough.
I will also share with you the benefits of fermented foods (sourdough is, after all, fermented bread) what they are and can be.
I will touch on the pioneering research of Tim Spector, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at King’s College and Hon Consultant Physician at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital London. He’s been leading the largest microbiome project in the UK since 2011. I will share with you ways to optimise your gut health using a diverse range of extraordinary flours and where you can buy them. As a result of all this knowledge, you will discover how you can make improvements to your gut health. This in turn affects physical and mental health. You’ll discover how to do this immediately. Plus, why making your own bread is an easy, healthy and delicious option.
There’s a short break for refreshments which include a taste of my delicious sourdough bread accompanied by my homemade prebiotic spread and other outstanding, gut friendly tasters. Plus a browse around Salamander and you’ll stay for the 2nd event:-
Sourdough Pizza Extravaganza’ A demonstration, with participation (only if you fancy) and tasting. This outstanding pizza is based on the recipe by pizza maestro, Gabrielle Bonci. American Vogue describes him as, ‘The Michaelangelo of Pizza’. As far as I know, I’m the only person in the UK demonstrating his sensational pizza.
Watch me make sensational, authentic sourdough pizzas, step by step. Pizzas are made with fabulous Italian flour used by pizza maestros and one of my powerful, high performance starters. You will also learn how to work with a high hydration dough too.
If you fancy, you’re welcome to join in with some mindful kneading, giving me a hand preparing and creating the pizza toppings and putting it all together.
Pizzas are baked in my amazing portable oven.
There will also be a surprise, special guest speaker for 30 minutes during the 2nd half.
Savour my delicious sourdough pizzas which you can reproduce at home. There’s plenty of pizza to go round – so come with an appetite.
You will also discover which supermarkets are getting away with selling ‘sourdough pizzas’ that don’t contain sourdough and carry a premium price tag because they are labelled ‘sourdough’.
**Exclusive Gifts & Bonuses** as a special thank you for booking this Learn Sourdough event include:-
4 Fabulous Gifts
- A gorgeous bar of soap, made with the the sourdough baker and home cook in mind. Uniquely, the soap includes light rye from Dorset miller, Stoates. It’s perfume free too. Made in Dorset exclusively for Learn Sourdough by Jemma Ricketts, Medical Herbalist and proprietor of the outstanding, ‘Enchanted Plants’. Leaders in organic skincare https://www.enchantedplants.co.uk
- A very smart dough scraper
- Fresh, raw pizza dough to create an authentic sourdough pizza at home
- A copy of my outstanding sourdough pizza recipe which includes my recommended list of extraordinary food suppliers
- ‘Sourdough Starter Kit’ available to buy from Learn Sourdough. Supplied by Salamander Cookshop.
- 10% discount on selected items at Salamander. Proprietors Ione & David Crossley highly recommend ‘Sourdough Extravaganza’ https://www.salamandercookshop.com/
- 10% discount off selected items at Pamphill Farm Shop. There’s parking right outside the farm shop and from January 2020 you’ll be able to buy Stoates flour! Sharon’s favourite Dorset flour for sourdough starters. https://www.pamphilldairy.co.uk/
- 10% discount voucher to spend at ‘Gullivers Bookshop’ in Wimborne (Independent Bookshop of the Year 2019) https://www.gulliversbookshop.co.uk/
- On line discount voucher to spend at Bakery Bits https://www.bakerybits.co.uk/
- 10% discount code and exciting recipe cards from the winners of BBC Food & Farming Awards https://hodmedods.co.uk/
Parking Parking is easy in Wimborne. Click here https://www.wimborne.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Parkingmap2018.pdf
Who is this event suitable for? You!!
Especially if you …
- Know nothing about sourdough
- Are planning to start your sourdough journey
- Have started on your sourdough journey and are having problems
- Know a little bit about sourdough and want to understand more
- Know absolutely nothing about sourdough but love discovering and eating exceptional foods
- Are a whizz in the kitchen and want to start gracing your table with something really special
- Enjoy cooking
- Want to eat more healthily
- Want to spend a fun, informative and delicious few hours around a wooden kitchen table, learning about real sourdough, eating fabulous sourdough bread and sourdough pizza
Pizza toppings: Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
What to expect: This special event is relaxed, fun, friendly and delicious too. It’s also jam packed with incredibly useful and practical information.
Gift Certificates are available. No monetary value is printed. Email or phone me to arrange a very special personalised Gift Certificate. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07942 686782
Travelling from afar? Ask me for B&B recommendations with parking and within walking distance to the event.
Please phone or email me if you have any questions or if you’re not sure this event is for you. I’m here to help.
Your booking will be confirmed with a personalised email from me.
What’s Real Bread Week? #realbreadweek is a national, annual event by the Campaign for Real Bread.
Real Bread Week wants to get everyone:-
- eating and baking real sourdough bread during Real Bread Week
- supporting educators like Learn Sourdough
- ditching ‘sourfaux’ sold by supermarkets and buying at least one loaf of real sourdough bread from your local, artisan baker during Real Bread Week
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - 23/02/2020 | 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
57 High Street
See more information about Salamander Cookshop