‘Let’s Start!’ Mastering Sourdough Starters’
Go from beginner to expert without any experience in 3.5 hours or your money back
To make a successful loaf of sourdough bread, you need a powerful, high performance starter.
Join me, Sharon Roberts, founder of Learn Sourdough and discover how.
Events are hosted live on Zoom from my home to yours in real time.
All Learn Sourdough events are designed for you to succeed.
Never used Zoom?
I’m also hosting a ‘5 minute have a go with Zoom’ on various dates and times. This is included with your booking and optional. If you’ve never used Zoom before, it’s ideal for you to have a go a few days before the event. It’s easy and fun. We’ll meet each other too!
Who is this event suitable for?
- Anyone wanting to have immediate success with sourdough
- Anyone who has an interest in improving their cooking skills
- Hobbyists as well as professionals
- Anyone wanting to eat nutritious and exceptionally delicious bread
- Anyone in self isolation
- Students in part time or full time education
- Anyone in hospitality temporary or permanent chefs, bakers, all kitchen crew, all waiting staff, proprietors
Here’s lots of information about this special and unique live, online event:-
I want to get you started on your sourdough journey. I teach people of all abilities how to master sourdough starters. In plain English.
You see, you need a high performance sourdough starter to raise and make delicious sourdough bread. A sourdough starter is created only once. Getting it right first time, will enable you to get started with baking your very own successful sourdough bread.
Few home bakers ever master sourdough starters. It’s a science. It’s microbiology.
In my sourdough journey, I thought it would be easy to create a sourdough starter. How could I have been so wrong?
Every day I followed recipes on You Tube, Google and in books. I discovered there was so much conflicting noise. Which chef? Which recipe? Which website?
A sourdough starter is made from just flour and water. When successfully created, it’s a natural raising agent to raise dough. A sourdough starter is more powerful than dried yeast.
My sourdough starters were a disaster! They looked like sludge and smelled of acetone. Because of this, my sourdough breads were like frisbees (a technical term). You see, you need a powerful, high-performance sourdough starter to make authentic and delicious sourdough bread.
I had started on my sourdough journey and unintentionally opened a can of worms.
I was not alone. I was like the thousands of other home cooks, sourdough enthusiasts and bakers looking for satisfactory, science-based answers. Such as:-
- Why won’t my sourdough starter raise dough?
- How and why is a sourdough starter different from dried yeast?
- Is my starter dead?
You see, sourdough is shrouded in myth and mystery. I could find no science-based answers in books or on the web.
One day I started researching scientific papers. This research went on for 2 years!!
My learning curve was a steep one.
I had many “Aha!” moments. Some revelations were obvious. Many were not.
I discovered that each step of the sourdough making process, is a stepping stone for the success of the next. If one step fails, the whole process collapses like a line of dominoes.
The first step to making successful sourdough bread starts with creating a powerful, high performance sourdough starter.
Each painstaking adjustment that I made, resulted in a significant result. Until finally, I was able to put the whole process together. Every single time.
Because of that, I started making wonderful sourdough bread. I had also created several high-performance sourdough starters. You need one of these to make a successful loaf of sourdough.
Finally, I mastered how to maintain, store and successfully troubleshoot a sourdough starter. This took me 2 years!
At last, I understood sourdough. I had so much powerful information. I wanted to share it and my expertise with home bakers and professional bakers.
I talk to many sourdough enthusiasts just like you. I’ve discovered that 99.9% of enthusiasts never master a sourdough starter. Ultimately, this means their sourdough breads are unsatisfactory.
You don’t have to go through the same exacting journey as I did. I’ve packed my research into this all-powerful event where you will go from beginner without any knowledge, to expert in just 3.5 hours.
You have access to my expertise throughout the event.
This compelling workshop is in plain English. I explain step-by-step the entire process of how to create a powerful, high performance sourdough starter from start to infinity.
You’ll create a sourdough starter during this extraordinary workshop and discover the science in plain English. All previous hitches and frustrations you may have encountered, will be resolved.
Everything you learn is based on science, in plain English and you’ll find it all in 1 place during this event.
This event is for all abilities as well as absolute beginners
You will learn how to make a powerful, high performance starter, just like this …
You will master…
- How to create a powerful, high performance starter from scratch, step by step, using proven scientific methods so that you succeed first time. You create a starter only once. A starter is essential to make authentic sourdough bread
- How to troubleshoot a new or established starter confidently so that you don’t bin it unnecessarily
- How to maintain a starter to pass on to the next generation (some starters are over 100 years old!) so that your children and grandchildren continue to bake sourdough bread, that’s delicious and nutritious
- How to store a high-performance starter (there are several ways and you’ll learn all the techniques) so that the starter fits in with your life and not the other way round
And become skilled at…
- How to spot dubious sourdough recipes so that you don’t waste your time
- How to create your own fabulous sourdough recipes with ease, so that you can bake to suit your taste and your family’s
- How to maintain and store small quantities of high-performance starter so your fridge isn’t overrun
And get clued up about…
- How much starter to use in your sourdough loaf and why, so that you don’t end up with a claggy frisbee
- How to successfully refresh a neglected starter even if its been in your fridge, untouched for 1 year, so that you know you’ve mastered sourdough starters
- How to avoid 5 common mistakes when refreshing a starter so that it is powerful and will raise dough, every single time
- How to maintain and store small quantities of starter
- How to create your own sourdough recipes
You will also discover (in plain English):-
- The 5 most common mistakes sourdough enthusiast make with a starter and how you can avoid the same mistakes
- What a high performance wheat and rye starter look like when they are ready to use
- What a rye starter sounds like when its ready to use (yes really!)
- An insight into the microscopic world of your starter
- All about refreshment of a sourdough starter
You’ll take away with you:-
- Powerful, practical knowledge based on scientific fact
- Extensive course notes emailed to you prior to the event
- And on completion of the event, I will present you with the ‘Learn Sourdough Master of Sourdough Starters Diploma’
- You will receive a jar of my powerful, high performance starter (established in 2016). I will post it to you before the event.
What will you need for this event?
During this event, you will start your own sourdough starter from scratch. You will need :-
- A food probe/food thermometer
- A small jar
- A set of digital scales (optional but highly recommended)
- A small bag of strong, white flour, or rye flour, or wholemeal flour. It’s your choice whether you choose organic or non-organic.
You will also receive a jar of my powerful, high performance starter (established in 2016). I will post it to you before the event.
At the end of the event, I will present to you (by email) a Diploma. You will be a ‘Master of Sourdough Starters’.
You’ll also receive Discount Codes to spend in my favourite shops on line and in Wimborne:-
- 10% off selected items at Salamander Cookshop https://www.salamandercookshop.com/
- 10% off at ‘Gullivers Bookshop’ in Wimborne (Independent Bookshop of the Year 2019) https://www.gulliversbookshop.co.uk/
- On line 10% discount code to spend at Bakery Bits https://www.bakerybits.co.uk/
- On line 10% discount code from the winners of BBC Food & Farming Awards https://hodmedods.co.uk/
- On line 10% discount code to spend at https://www.thenaturalgardener.co.uk/
This event is suitable for all abilities.
At the end of the event, you’ll be fired up and confident to continue your sourdough journey.
The total value of this event is £660
You pay £35
Includes the Learn Sourdough 100% money back guarantee. No quibbles. No questions. No catches
You get my expertise for 3.5 hours valued at: £525
Discount vouchers valued at: £100
Money Back Guarantee valued at: £35
Buy with Confidence. You’re covered on all events with the:-
‘Learn Sourdough 100% Money Back Guarantee. No quibbles. No questions. No catches.’ https://www.learnsourdough.co.uk/money-back-guarantee/
SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM Save £15
What’s in the Special Offer Bundle?
‘Hands in Sourdough on Zoom’ and ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters on Zoom’. 2 information packed and fun events packaged together. Designed for you to succeed. Click the blue link for more info SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM
Or, purchase this event on its own by scrolling down this page to ‘Bookings’
Masters of Sourdough Starters
Learn Sourdough e-Gift Vouchers Give the gift of good health. Learn Sourdough e-Gift Vouchers make a precious gift for on line events and venue events. Here’s what our e-Gift Vouchers look like. Request an e-Gift Voucher when you book. e-Gift Vouchers do not have an expiry date.
Have questions? Not sure?
I’m here to help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me, Sharon Roberts on 07942 686782
Do you know someone who will enjoy and benefit from this event?
I’m helping people who want to be part of a community, to come together and learn the most basic of skills. How to make bread. I’m also sharing valuable knowledge about gut health and how we can improve our immune system – immediately. There has never been a more important time to learn how. Share Learn Sourdough.
How to Book
Scroll down to ‘Bookings’. When you book, you’ll receive an automated confirmation email and then a personal email from me.
I look forward to getting you started on your sourdough journey.
My very best wishes, Sharon
‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’ is highly acclaimed by fans of Learn Sourdough.
Read what they’re saying about this highly acclaimed event, on Zoom and live face to face events:-
I attended Sharon’s first ever ‘Lockdown’ ‘Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters’, on ZOOM.
My 14-year-old daughter is very keen for me to bake sourdough bread for her – so keen that she spent her own money on buying Sharon’s course as a Mother’s Day gift for me…and then we went into C19 lockdown. But lockdown didn’t deter Sharon in the least and she swiftly adapted her face-to-face sourdough course to an online version and popped her sourdough starter in the post to me. All I needed were a few basic bits of kitchen kit such as a thermometer and digital scales at my end and we were off; I had a most entertaining and informative morning with Sharon and would absolutely recommend her course. My daughter’s hard-earned pocket money was well spent. Emma Cullen, Dorset, April 2020
I’ve just done Sharon’s “Let’s Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters” session & can highly recommend it if, like me, you’ve had umpteen unsuccessful attempts at raising your own consistent & well-behaved “fridge pet” of the sourdough variety. She demystifies the whole process & explains the science behind it. You get to start your very own starter, and learn how to raise it, care for it, store it and revive it to peak activity when you need it. There are copious notes to take home, though it’s worth also making your own as ideas & questions pop up. (Plus some very worthwhile vouchers for local & online shops and a dough scraper too.) All in all, a very interesting & worthwhile session. Angela Corbet, Wimborne, Dorset
Great session, loads of very good and useful information given in a very clear fun way . Easily understandable. Lovely free samples too. Well worth the money. Mandy da Silva, Wimborne, Dorset
Date(s) - 04/09/2020 | 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 17/07/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 17/07/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 21/07/2020 - All Day
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 31/07/2020 - All Day
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 02/08/2020 - All Day
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 11/08/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 11/08/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters 21-8-20 (venue event in Wimborne) - 21/08/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 23/08/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 23/08/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 28/08/2020 - All Day
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 04/09/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 04/09/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 16/09/2020 - All Day
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 19/09/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 19/09/2020 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 26/09/2020 - All Day
- SPECIAL OFFER BUNDLE hosted on ZOOM - 30/09/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM - Let's Start! Mastering Sourdough Starters - 30/09/2020 - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- ZOOM : Hands in Sourdough - 01/10/2020 - All Day